That we have already reached WEEK 4 of my “Happiness Project!
I felt like I was walking through fog this entire week. It was hard to see clearly, but at least I was able to take a few moments to see the beauty in it. In all the fogginess I think I found some clarity.
My mission for this entire month and beyond is to
- Go to sleep earlier
- Exercise better
- Toss, restore organize (messy bed = messy head)
- Stress Less
- Act More Energetic
WAYS I WILL BOOST MY ENERGY THIS WEEK: from last week!
1. GET TO BED BEFORE MIDNIGHT. -I don’t think I was very successful with this once again. If I am truly honest; my current schedule makes it possible for me to sleep in more than if I worked a traditional 9 to 5. I work at night and usually don’t get home until nearly 10 by that point I feel ready to eat whatever is in sight and I feel lonely and alone. A lot of times I don’t end up getting to bed until 2 or 3 am so this schedule makes it easier for me to justify sleeping in especially since I don’t have any set plans until later in the day. While in theory it could be true, I know that it is NOT a match for me. I think I am better when I have more on my plate.
2. EAT BREAKFAST DAILY AND EAT NO LATER THAN 9 PM. -This one didn’t happen either. In fact, I stepped on the scale and saw that this is the most I have EVER weighed. It definitely didn’t come as a surprise with my current habits and how depressed I’ve been feeling, but I am disappointed that I allowed it to get to this point. I am definitely going to carry over a variation of this guideline this coming week.
3. DE-CLUTTER 15 MINUTES A DAY. -I didn’t do this either, but the good news is that on Saturday night I cleaned my room and got it to a good point before I went to meet my friends Jenn, Nathan, and Shane for flashlight tag.
4. SWIM WITH MASTERS’ 3 X’S THIS WEEK. -I didn’t swim with Masters’ once this week, but that’s okay. I’m not going to give up. This is a NEW WEEK!!!
5. CONTINUE PLAYING MY “OPPOSITES GAME.” -I did a better job with this last week. This week I surrendered to some of my negative self-defeating thoughts, but I will just continue to change my direction.
6. DEFINE MY SUMMER GOALS. -I thought about them, but haven’t defined them yet.
7. LET IT GO AND LET IT FLOW.-I didn’t do very well with this either. I think I Majored in the minors.
8. MAKE IT TO THE GYM 3 X’S THIS WEEK. -I ran with Mileen around the lake twice, I went to BodyJam with my mom and sister on Saturday, and on Sunday I went for a walk with Rosalinda. I’m going to count all this.
This has been a challenging start to 2013, but I know that I’m growing. Lately it has been hard because I know that a year ago I was on Cloud 9. I was at least 40 lbs lighter, was doing lots of positive things, dating my best friend and felt overall lighter than I do right now. I’ve been feeling so frustrated and down lately. A year ago I felt so supported, encouraged, and like I was on a good track with my life. I feel like I had things more together a year ago. Now it seems like the more time passes, the more things are falling apart. I hate wasting my time and energy like this so I want to do something about it.
Ways I That I Will Boost My Energy This week:
1. TURN OFF MY CELLPHONE 1 HOUR BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP.
2. READ A CHAPTER IN SARAH MCCLEAN’S BOOK “SOUL-CENTERED”.
3. PREPARE FOR BACK IN ACTION WITH SIX TO SKIP.
- PROCESSED ANYTHING
- ADDED SUGARS
4. SWIM WITH MASTERS’ 2 X’S THIS WEEK.
5. FOCUS ON ME.
6. DO SOMETHING FOR ME.
7. MAKE IT TO THE GYM 3 X’S
8. DEFINE MY SUMMER GOALS..
In all the fog of this past week I believe I found some clarity. Even though I haven’t followed my guidelines to a tee or reached all my goals yet; I have decided that it is better to set goals then not to. You will NEVER reach your target if it doesn’t exist. IT doesn’t matter how hard you are working; I think it is more valuable to work smart. One thing I am enjoying is the self-awareness that this consistency is creating. I am getting into the habit of setting goals and following up. I am continually trying to work on following through. In the meantime I am learning what kinds of goals are realistic for me to set. I am so glad that I am sticking with this.
How is your year going so far? Do you have plans for February? Any hott Valentine’s Day Plans?
Peace, Joy, and Love Always,