Today has not been a bad day. We had a half-day at school which was SUPER nice for a Friday! For some reason I am feeling down…
Here are my reasons why:
- I am overwhelmed by my to-do-list.
- I don’t have any energy so I got a coffee to hopefully put some pep in my step.
- I got a haircut after work, but found out that my hair is pretty damaged so I had to get an inch taken off and some of the damage is still there (this is as a result of me getting over-zealous when I was learning how to curl my hair with a flat-iron. I over did it.)
- I weighed myself and it looks like I have gained some weight.
- I was going to buy new shoes, but I was not in the shopping mood at all because I was overwhelmed by my to-do-list.
- I have a mountain of school work and studying to do.
- I let my chores pile up over the week and need to clean the house.
- Maybe I am feeling this way because it is “that time of month” and I get a little moody and more down than anything else.
- I definitely have enough motivation to do everything that needs to be done as in I know that it is important. I even know why it is important, but I am still super unmotivated…
That is everything that I can think of. My “life-problems”… Now that I think of it; my life problems aren’t so bad afterall. These are ALL 1st World Problems. Let’s put it all in perspective:
- To-to-list- I just need to get going on this. Sitting here and feeling overwhelmed will not fix anything. I am just going to waste time stressing when I could be checking tasks off my list and lightening the load!
- Energy- I should know by now that coffee does not do it for me. And while a sugary sweet may temporarily make me feel a little better, it will not give me more energy. I personally gain energy from moving and getting things done.
- I am not my hair!-Yes, it sucks that I fried my hair and I feel stupid that it is my own fault. Usually it is fried because I used to teach swimming lessons in a chlorinated pool almost everyday. This was a lesson in vanity for me. I am going to lay off the heat and products and just take better care of myself and my health. And the great thing is that hair grows back!!!
- Weight Obsession- Some of the weight gain could be because I am lifting weights and building muscle. I also happen to know that I have not been eating as cleanly as I could. There are little things in my daily life that I can do better at. The best part about this is that I know the cause and I can fix it.
- Shop Till’ You Drop (When you feel like it)-This is silly. It is not a reason to feel down. The shoes I have right now are not falling apart it would just be nice to have another pair to rotate with. I just got paid so not having money is not keeping me from shopping. I should actually feel good about this. I saved money and I can buy shoes when I feel ready.
- School Daze-The school work and studying is not going to happen without my effort. I just have to do it. And it is a blessing and grand opportunity for me to be in school right now. I should take full advantage and run with it!
- House-Cleaning Party-Everyone has chores. I have a beautiful home, a working washer and dryer, and I can play music while I clean. I always feel so much better in a clean and organized house. Also, Christopher is coming home this weekend and I want the place to be a nice and clean home to come home to!
- That’s it PERIOD!- TMI ALERT!!! I am a healthy young woman. In my mid-twenties I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries and I had a cyst on one of my ovaries that kept on growing to the point that the Doctor recommended that I get it surgically removed… I was in so much pain constantly. It was the scariest time in my life and it felt like something was wrong with me. I recently had my wellness physical and my test results came in the mail. I am normal and healthy!!!! The PCOS and the cyst went away on its own. Now I just need to do my part and continue to get healthy.
- Just Do It!!! – I know what needs to be done. Time to GET TO WORK!!!
I feel better already and am actually looking forward to accomplishing things tonight! Part of my “Transformation Project” is being completely honest with myself and taking the veil away from my eyes. When we can recognize our faults and weaknesses we can change them!!!
So the next time that you are feeling down, try to identify your reasons why. It helped me to write them out. Then for every reason, find a solution!!! When you are feeling down take some time to look up. There are always hidden blessings in everyday no matter how gloomy things may seem.
I am amazed with how much better I already feel! I feel energized and ready to work!!!
Happy Friday my friends!!!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,