Today wasn’t bad for a Monday! Over the weekend I was hoping that I would wake up extra early and try the 5:30 am workout class, but I still need to workout the logistics. I have a new puppy and we have figured out our schedule with me leaving for work at 7 am, but moving things up to 5 am could make it more complicated and I don’t really want to drive back and forth. It would look like this:
- 4:30-5 Wake up/ feed Cats and Puppy/ Take puppy out
- 5:00 leave for gym
- 5:30-6:15 Workout 6:15-6:45 ish RACE HOME!
- 6:45-7 Let Ruby out/get ready for work
- 7 Leave for work
- 7:30 Work
I know that there are probably tons of people who make this work. They workout before work and have established a solid routine. Right now this seems like an awful lot to do at such an early hour.
I just need to take a giant step back. Away from my doubts, fears, and feelings of being overwhelmed… And take a look at the big picture.
- What is my overall workout goal? I want to establish a workout routine that fits into my life and schedule. I need to balance work, school, homework, family, pets, sanity, and everything in between!
- What time of day do I want to workout? I have enjoyed working out in the evening and I absolutely love my Mixxedfit and Zumba classes, but I am going to have to take evening classes so I will have to workout in the morning before work to fit everything in.
- What is realistic for me and my schedule? There is no way around the fact that I will have to make sacrifices. It may be in the form of some sleep or some down time, but I need to keep my bigger picture in mind.
This morning I chose sleep over an early morning workout. I think I was stressing over it so much the night before that it interfered with my sleep. I am trying to eat within an hour from the time that I wake up so this morning I had blueberries and almonds. I think it helped give me energy. For lunch I have been slacking a little and eating canned soup because it is easy and filling, but I know that it is not the best option because it is high in sodium. Tomorrow will probably be another soup day, but I will make sure that I drink plenty of water and tomorrow afternoon I will cook a big enough meal for dinner and the next day’s lunch. I had a really big appetite today and that worries me a little, but I am going to try not to overthink it and just make healthier choices.
After work I had a really relaxing massage. In fact it was so relaxing that I fell asleep. I felt inclined to take the day off, but it IS Monday and the 1st day of the “Let’s Move for a Better World Challenge.” For some reason I was so nervous about going in to workout, but I did it and I am glad that I did. I Spent some quality time on the elliptical and learned some TRX moves!
Today’s Workout of the Day: Elliptical/TRX
Warm up with 15 minutes on the elliptical (I set mine to level 8) and worked up a good sweat in a short amount of time!
- TRX Squats 10
- TRX One-legged squats (10 both sides!)
- One-legged Squat Pulse for 10
- One-legged Squat then drive knee into chest
- TRX bicep curl with chest fly combo
- Super Planks
- TRX Push-ups
This was a short and sweet workout, but a very good introduction to TRX.
Finish STRONGLY with 20 Minutes on the elliptical!!!
Word of the Day:
- of or relating to words or the vocabulary of a language as distinguished from its grammar and construction
- of or relating to a lexicon or to lexicography
I am glad that I decided to workout today, but I still think that there are NOT enough hours in the day! It was a full day and I am a little bummed and worried because Christopher and I didn’t get a chance to talk today. I hate to admit that whenever we don’t get to talk my mind automatically goes into worry mode. I worry that something’s wrong or that he is upset with me. Most of the time he is just busy…
I think that this is something that I need to personally work on. I need to work on being more trusting and to focus on myself rather than spending all that time stressing and worrying. It is a bad habit that I want to break.
I think that this week is off to a great start! I better head to bed!
Peace, Love, and Blessings Always,