I have to admit that I have a sugar addiction. There have been times in my life when I have eaten less sugar, but right now I have been wanting a lot more than I should have. I need to make a definite effort to cut the sugar out because my Dad is Diabetic and it runs in my family.
It is challenging to cut it out right now, but I know that breaking this addiction will be worth-it.You should join me as I quit my sugar addiction!
Here are some tips and a video to get us started!
- Make a decision to break the sugar habit. I know that this will not be easy at first, but I want to do it. Not just because I know that I should or because other people tell me I should. I want to do it because I want to live a healthier life and live a quality life. I do not want to live with health problems and complications, but I need to make the decision to take responsibility for my health.
- Quit cold turkey. All sugar, flour, artificial sweeteners, all packaged, and processed foods.
- Add protein to every meal especially breakfast. Eggs, nuts, seeds, seafood, meat, greens, etc.
- Eat the right carbohydrates for 10 days. Eat non starchy vegetables- asparagus,onions, green beans, mushrooms, zucchini, eggplant, etc.
- Quit gluten and dairy for 10 days.
- Don’t drink your calories. Avoid sodas, sweetened coffees, sweet teas, etc.
- Get 8 or more hours of sleep.
I have been guilty of doing all the things I should not be doing like drinking my calories, eating processed foods, skipping breakfast, and not getting enough sleep. I think it is time to make a change.
Who’s with me?!?!?!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,