I need to get motivated to declutter and clean again. 2 weeks ago I was on a roll, but I have seemed to run out of steam.
Here are some de-cluttering tips to get us going again:
- Create 3 Piles. Throw Away, Put Away, and Give Away.
- Digitalize. Take photos and scan important documents. I am a very sentimental person who always wanted to keep everything for the sentimental value. While it has been fun to look back year after year at memories, I have ended up with too many piles. It is time for me to let go and digitalize!
- Visualize. Picture all of the items that you have not been using in a big pile. Then imagine that in place of that pile are stacks of cash. It can be hard to let go of items especially when we feel like we have spent money on them and do not want that money to go to waste. The truth is that letting your items go unused is an even greater waste of money and space.
- Compartmentalize. Go container by container and room by room. Keep your tasks small and you will see progress!
- Let It Go! Keep the things that really mean a lot to you then declutter and let go of the rest.
- Get Rid of the Guilt.
- Don’t Keep Stuff for an Imaginary Life.
- Ask Yourself These Questions: “Do I feel negative emotions like guilt when I look at this?”; “Have I used this recently?”; “Would I miss this if I lost it in a fire?”; “Do I really need 2 of these?”; “Would I buy this Today?”; “Is this still relevant?”
I hope those tips were helpful! I think today will be a cleaning day for me. Please comment below to share your favorite declutter/organization tips!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,