I was able to get last-minute overnight puppy-care for Ruby with my Mom. I was not sure that she would go for it because she has her hands full with her German Shepard puppy Contessa & Damon the cat. I was Pleasantly Surprised when she said yes.
That was 2 nights ago and it was my first time leaving Ruby with someone overnight. I am glad it is my mom because I know that I can count on her! That night I joined Christopher on his trip to work up North. Initially we talked about getting a fancy room right by the water.
I started driving at the beginning of our trip, but by the time we were half-way, my eyelids were barely hanging open so we switched places. It was about 3 am when we arrived in town and I will admit that I was a little disappointed when we pulled into an Extended Stay and even more disappointed when it had no vacancies. We traveled onward into the early morning and found a “Best Western” next to a “Motel 6.” It made me a little nervous when he pulled in to the motel 6 because I haven’t stayed in a motel in ages and I was feeling unsure about the safety of the surrounding area.
We found the office and the lady at the desk was warm and welcoming without being overly friendly. It made me feel a lot better about being there. She gave us our room and we headed to bed.
I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room and the modern vibe it carried complete with a microwave, fridge, and a freezer cold enough to store ice cream (we didn’t get ice cream because we are trying to lose weight :).
- The Price was right! For 2 adults it cost around $210 for 2 nights.
- The room was modern (I really liked the hardwood floors)
- Very practical, comfortable, affordable, and functional.
- Quiet area. No one bothered us and I felt safe.
- Friendly/courteous staff.
The Possible Cons:
- No gym, but there is a swimming pool.
- No continental breakfast, but there is a microwave, fridge, and nearby vending machines, and you get a discount from Ihop across the street.
- If you are looking for a fancy/luxurious place with room service and all the bells and whistles, then you should look elsewhere.
The Outcome & the Reason it worked for us:
- We could have easily gone for a fancy/schmancy hotel with all the bells and whistles. We have the money for it, but right now we are doing everything we can to save money and cut some corners so that we can do fun things in the future.
- I guess you could call it delayed gratification.
- I am willing to make sacrifices for a greater good.
The Alternatives/ Other hotels in the area:
- Extended Stay $104/night. – This would have been the next best/ better option, but they were fully booked.
- Staybridge Suites $150/night- That would have been over $300 for two nights and I think the $200 range has a nicer ring to it, personally.
- Townplace Suites $159/night- A little more expensive, but it seems to be the average.
- Silver Cloud Inn $169/night
Tonight we will be heading home for the weekend. I enjoyed our stay and the fact that I was pleasantly surprised was a nice touch!
I LOVE Surprises!!!
Do you have fun plans for the weekend? If so, enjoy! Happy Friday Everyone!!!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,