Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
All I can say is “Thank goodness for holidays and long weekends!” This past week was the first week of Winter Quarter at school and also the week that my boyfriend’s best friend arrived. Suffice it to say, it was a jam-packed week! I enjoy having guests and new tenants because it inspires me to clean the house and get more organized.
I have a feeling that I am going to ❤ my new program at school. I am taking a program called: “Dancing Molecules Dancing Bodies.” It covers Chemistry, Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, and dance. Quite a combination, right?! I can tell that the program is going to be a lot of work, but that’s what we pay them the BIG buck$ for, right?! My teachers are organized and passionate about their areas of study and it is inspiring!
On Tuesday, my bf’s friend arrived and we picked him up from the airport. I have to admit that I am always uneasy around men. Especially people that I don’t know. I think this may be a result of my past. It has taken me a long time to trust and open up to Christopher and he is one of the only men that I trust. I have also been more selective and careful about who I choose to spend my time with. As a result I don’t always know how to act. It has been interesting to navigate through it all.
I am so happy to see my boyfriend happy and it has been a good opportunity for me to practice trust. At the same time, I was a little sad because he has been spending almost all of his time with his friend and I was starting to feel left out… Especially over the weekend when I didn’t have school. They do make an effort to include me but I think I was hiding out a little because I didn’t want to spend a lot of time with someone that I barely know. I am not jealous of his friend, but I do think that I was missing spending time with my boyfriend. I was able to somewhat express myself to them last night and I think it helped. I might feel this way for a little while and I am going to sit through the feelings and trust that things are happening for the best.
Build My Foundation
- A Girls gotta get her beauty sleep!(this applies to you guys too!). I did not get a lot of sleep this week and I think that greatly contributed to my stress, emotions, and grumpiness. I will take note and make an effort to get more sleep this week.
- Eliminate Distractions (less Netflix & Games). I didn’t OD on distractions this week, Thankfully! But I was not as motivated as I would have liked to be.
- Create a healthy routine. I think that as a whole, it will help me to establish a routine. I have been fighting it for a long time, but in the past I have always operated better with structure in my life.
- Plan your track and track your plan (keep a food journal).
- Eat Clean. I stress ate a lot this week. I was doing a good job with eating clean for two weeks then I fell off the wagon. I have decided to start exercising again, but finding the motivation has been a little challenging. This past week I did take Ruby on daily walks AND I walk a lot on campus.
- Do What you must. I want to do a better job with this this week!
- Create Healthier Habits.
Oh, and did I mention that this week I almost adopted a St. Bernard Puppy, and three different kittens? I think I am craving the cuddles. I had it all set up! I drove halfway to meet the lady with the puppy then I decided against it because I want to do well with school. Instead, I decided to shop til’ I dropped! I spent too much money on fun stuff like lipgloss and skincare. Can you really ever spend “Too much” money on skincare?! I don’t think so…
This week’s Grand Adventures:
New Rain boots, Sushi Delicious Sushi! And gifts from my love ❤
Hot Turkish tea and adventures on the roof!
It was a great week despite my rolling emotions. I think I am going to spend more time focusing on “staying present” and enjoying the present moment rather than allowing my worries to get the best of me.
I hope all of you will have a lovely week! Enjoy this extended weekend and do something nice for yourself!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,