Happy 1st Day of Summer Everyone!!!
I have 14 weeks of summer (before school starts again) and I want to make the most of my time. Summers have passed me by in the past, but I won’t let that happen this time!!!
Here Are My Summer Goals:
- Become a full-stack developer- I decided last Saturday that I want to do this just so that I have more employable skills and a better understanding of technology. I may not be employable by the end of the summer, but I found some good tutorials to follow and I want to make sure that I take steps in the right direction.
- Review Algebra-I will admit that my quantitative skills are rusty. So I have borrowed my sister’s Algebra 2 book and between that and Khan Academy I should be in much better shape by the end of the summer!
- Study Chemistry- Chemistry was rough last quarter, but mainly due to my health issues and family emergencies. I still have my text book so I am going to read it and exercise that part of my brain. I may even utilize the tutoring center on campus.
- Eat Clean- This is an ongoing goal of mine that could use some TLC this summer. Today I believe that I took some steps in the right direction by committing to make healthier choices.
- Create and stick with Daily Routines – My sleep schedule has been a mess lately and it negatively affects my productivity during the day. It was also a common problem throughout the school year. I want to work on creating these healthy habits now so that they will flow naturally during the school year.
- Read 1 book every 2 weeks- Last year I wanted to read a book a week. And while I read more than I have in a long time; I didn’t finish it in one week so I am going to create a realistic goal for myself and see if this is more manageable for me. Also I will be dividing my time since I have a lot of academic goals in place.
- Shadow a Physical Therapist- I would like to take some time to do this especially since I want to study physical therapy in the future. I have the number of my mom’s physical therapist and she is willing to meet with me. I just need to set up days and times. I am going to wait a little longer so that my injury will heal.
- No complaining- Okay so I would love to say that I am not a complainer, but that has NOT been the case. I am going to work on that this summer especially when my bf comes home because he sadly has had to listen to many of my complaints. Bless his heart, he is a saint ❤
- Go to the Beach- I have my heart completely set on going to the beach this summer. Nothing can stop me ❤
- Lose Weight – I hate to put it so bluntly, but if I am real with myself; I know that I am at an unhealthy weight and I need to lose it so that I can live a better quality life and feel better about myself.
- Organize My Life- I want to be neat and tidy this summer… and forever. My brain always functions way better when I am.
- Brightline Eating- I have a free bootcamp that I can use this year. It would be ashamed if I just let this opportunity pass. I am going to do it this summer! And it will help with my other goals too.
- Dance- I want to properly heal my injury so that I can dance. So I will make sure that I do my pt exercises daily.
- Meditation or Yoga- I have issues with sitting still, but I want to start practicing because it will help with the clarity of my mind.
- Become a better blogger- I love this blogging community and I want to learn more about being better.
Those are MY summer goals! What are your summer goals?! Please comment below to share your goals I would love to cheer you on!!!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,
❤ Alana Xoxoxo