Today I realized that I can be a completely different person depending on what activities I choose to do throughout my day. Yesterday I felt completely miserable… I didn’t swim or dance and I didn’t get the response I had hoped for from my sister. The blueberry farm was closed and nearly every other person we encountered seemed extra grumpy. My sadness lingered throughout the day and I spent a lot of time questioning myself unnecessarily and putting myself down. Maybe it was spending too much time on Alleyjandra’s Instagram . I blame it on the rain.
This morning I had plans to go swimming with a friend. It gave some purpose to my day and helped me get a good start. I heated up my leftover meatballs and spaghetti then headed to the pool!
I felt so strong and powerful in the pull and once I pulled myself onto the deck I was on cloud 9. This euphoria has lasted the entire day and it feels like a blessing. I finally realized that I need to find “ways to remain sane.”
Stress is a killer we need to avoid it like the plague! Let’s replace it with activities on my “remain sane list.”
My Remain Sane List:
- Eat a balanced breakfast.
- Go for a swim.
- Dance Dance!
- Pet a puppy hug a cat ❤
- Breathe deeply (always remember to breathe!)
- Care for a plant.
- Write a letter to a friend.
- Cut down on your screen time (tv, pc, fb!)
- No seriously, hang up and turn off the damn phone!
- Girl (or guy), put your records on tell me your favorite song. You go ahead let your hair down ❤
- Or plug in your internet and learn something new. Those small wins sure add up!
- Make a cup of your favorite tea.
- Go for a walk.
- Laugh out loud.
- Practice yoga or meditation.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Smell a lemon.
What is on your “remain sane list.” Please comment below to share what you do to remain sane in this crazy world.
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,
❤ Alana Xoxoxo