I have about a week and a weekend before the winter quarter begins! Thank goodness because I still have some programming topics to learn more about and some homework that is due on the first day of class.
I have a decision that I would love to get some opinions about…
I am currently registered for 20 credits, but I think I am going to drop down to 18. I would go all the way down to 16, but I still want to take a dance class.
Should I take Samba or Ballet?!?!
Please comment below with your thoughts.
I love them both very much and the professors are both marvelous. I will share some of the things that I like about both forms of dance.
- We have a live drummer and that makes the whole experience out-of-this world- AMAZING! There is something about that drum beat that makes me want to dance.
- I adore Janelle Campoverde. She is a wonderful teacher who brings out the best in everyone and a beautiful dancer.
- We study movement and Feldenkrais which makes me aware of myself and my body.
- Brazilian Dance is a fun and sexxy dance that makes you work up a sweat and brings out your sexxy side.
- It is only offered fall and winter quarter so I won’t be able to take it in the spring.
- We learn Samba, Samba Reggae, and Orixe. We also learn how to sing in Portugese and play the instruments… Oh and Capoiera!!!
One of my all-time favorite beats that we dance to. Doesn’t that just make you want to jump out of your chair and dance… Brb 😉
- I love the way that ballet improves my posture and overall grace.
- I adore Jehrin Alexandria she is also a beautiful dancer and a wonderful instructor.
- We have a pianist who is wonderful.
- I could definitely use some leotard and pink tight time. It is very humbling and empowering at the same time to spend a couple of hours in a leotard and tights with people who are more fit then you.
- I want to keep working towards dancing En Pointe.
- After studying ballet for a couple weeks, I was able to do the splits for the first time in my life!
Either way, I dance to feel alive. It brings me so much joy and confidence! It feels like I have become a different and better version of my self ever since I discovered dance last fall.
I also dance to honor my late professor and friend, Kabby Mitchell.
So what are your thoughts? Would you choose Samba or Ballet if you were me? Comment below to share your thoughts. I would do both if I could and maybe I still will… We shall see.
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,
❤ Alana xoxoxo