Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
Congratulations! We have made it through the first week of 2018!!! How was your week? I enjoyed the fact that I had this extra week off before school started. I continued with my morning routine and practiced yoga and meditation every morning. I shortened my meditation sessions a little because I have started sitting without the support of the wall and it takes some practice.
Since my area of focus is discipline, I chose to meditate on it ever morning and think about what discipline means to me. I also found myself thinking about discipline throughout my workouts.
- Get your beauty sleep. I did a great job with getting enough sleep, but I want to make sure I get an earlier start this week.
- Follow a morning ritual and a nightly routine. I have my morning ritual down, but I need to create a more solid nightly routine.
- Complete homework early. It was nice to have no assigned homework this week, but I need to do a better job on staying focused during my study sessions and honing my skills. I was a little lax when it came to studying this week.
- Commit and follow through promptly. I am pretty good at making commitments, but I need to do a better job of following through.
- Create a healthy routine. For the past month my life has revolved around my morning routine (meditation and yoga) and my workouts. I want to start incorporating more into my daily routines and being more productive.
- Eat Clean. I did very poorly at this this week. I ate whatever I wanted to. Do I regret it?… Not really 🙂
- Plan ahead and prepare (keep a food journal and write a daily schedule). I have been logging into myfitnesspal everyday which feels great. Now I need to do a better job of writing down everything that I eat.
- Exercise daily. Yes! Except today. Today I felt a little lazy, but I need to at least do some yoga and something else.
- Do what you Must. I need to do more of this this week.
Overall I am happy with this first week of the year. I was able to let some things go and I made it a point to be more positive and aware of myself. By this I mean that I started thinking about how my words and actions affect those around me.
At the last minute, I decided that I want to continue focusing on computer programming so I wrote an independent learning contract that I am hoping and praying will get approved.
Tomorrow is the first day of winter quarter. I am going to make it a point to work hard and learn a lot this quarter. Fall quarter was my worst quarter so far, due to being sick. I am so glad that it is behind me and I am feeling better than ever.
Current mood: I don’t feel like putting away the laundry on the bed, but I will. Also, I haven’t done a workout yet and am feeling lazy, but I will make sure that I at least do my yoga. Anything extra will be cream :).
Finally, I think I will try and post a weekly picture of yours truly. I do not want to seem vain, but this Be-YOU-tifully You Project is about finding true beauty within ourselves regardless of our size and shape. Also, you probably don’t see enough of my face on this blog. Hahaha. Not to mention, I am working hard to make progress on my weightloss journey so this will be another way to post my progress.
I hope this week was wonderful and that this next week will be even better!!!
Be Real. Be True Be-YOU-tifully YOU!!!
❤ Alana xoxoxo