Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
This week was helter skelter, but we got through it! Our house was a construction zone because we ripped out all of the carpet downstairs and my sister and her boyfriend help us to install hardwood.
If you have critters, I highly recommend parting with carpet. It retains so much dust and dander. It felt so liberating to rip out the carpet on New Years’ Eve!
It was a hectic and chaotic week and tempers were shortened, but we all got through it! I had planned on starting Bright Line Eating on Sunday the 7th, but I decided to postpone my start date since we had company.
On Wednesday I did a monster shopping trip at costco to prepare for my newest lifestyle change.
I embraced the plan on Thursday, but that night when my bf suggested that we get cheesecake or cake, we settled for Strawberry cream shortcake and I kept telling myself “yolo” the entire time 😉 I reset my “Day 1” to Friday and stuck with it on Friday and Saturday and I technically didn’t break my bright lines today, but I did deviate because we went to brunch with our roommate Stephanie. We also took her to get a gummy bear martini and I abstained from alcohol and chose cranberry juice with seltzer and a slice of lime, but I don’t think that is really a part of the plan.
So I am re-setting my “officially official” start date to tomorrow. Besides, Monday is a great day to start something new 🙂
- Get your beauty sleep. I did this, but I want to get an earlier start this week.
- Follow a morning ritual and a nightly routine. My morning ritual was okay, but I missed a few meditation sessions this week. I guess that’s life…
- Complete homework early. I am still hoping and praying that my learning contract gets approved. I have been slacking in the studying department. This week I will get on the ball!
- Commit and follow through promptly. I am getting better at this everyday. I love the feeling of having a stronger sense of willpower. I think it is a muscle.
- Create a healthy routine. I did not follow a routine this week at all, but I did start a new routine and that feels great!
- Eat Clean. Wednesday hit and I have been eating clean ever since!
- Plan ahead and prepare (keep a food journal and write a daily schedule). I religiously kept my food journal, but I did not write a daily schedule. I am still trying to decide if I should do this the night before or not.
- Exercise daily. No, but I will hit it this week!
- Do what you Must. This too needs some work.
Overall I am overjoyed about the fact that I have finally started Brightline Eating after procrastinating for over a year. You know that feeling where you know you should do something, but you just put it off over and over again because you are worried you will fall flat on your face?!?! Well, that was me and now I can see that it was not as bad as I thought. In fact my life has been so much better!
Another exciting development is that I bought myself a Buti Yoga subscription for the entire year!!! This is probably the most challenging form of yoga that I have ever done, but it is extremely empowering and makes me feel like a fierce and sexxy goddess!!!
On that note, I shall bid you goodnight. Let’s kill it this week!!!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,
❤ Alana Xoxoxo