Can you believe that we are more than halfway through the month of January?!?! I can tell that 2018 is off to a great start!
This past week I completed 7 pristine days of clean eating!!! This is a huge accomplishment for me because I usually fall off after the first 3 days. I successfully cut out all sugar (including sugar alternatives like honey and stevia) I also cut out flour. Additionally, I wrote down my menu the night before and committed to eating only what I wrote down!
I am thrilled to know that I still have some willpower in my soul. Towards the end of this week, about 3 days ago I started to experience some challenges… It is recommended during the weightloss phase of this nutrition program that we give up exercise to focus on nutrition. I did not believe it and I stubbornly continued to weight train and work out. It is hard for me to wrap my mind over a glimmering possibility of losing weight without exercise. Is it really possible?!?! I chatted with one of the coaches and she said that people who continued to exercise struggled a lot more than the folks who gave it up. A day later, I decided that I would give this a try.
I continued to do my daily yoga, but I have committed from taking a break from hard cardio and resistance training. Getting down to a healthy weight really is a dream and it seems like an unreal possibility for me, but I will continue trying and I will not give up!
I have to regrettably admit that I got off track last night 😦 My cravings have really kicked in this week. When my bf suggested that we get a pizza I just couldn’t say no. Luckily it was a thin crust pizza.
Tomorrow I will get back on track. At least I know how to recognize my cravings and I have a plan in place for when they hit again (which I am sure they will).
- Get your beauty sleep. I am doing great on getting sleep. I have even had less trouble falling asleep at night, but I want to start waking up earlier in the morning.
- Follow a morning ritual and a nightly routine. I have gotten off track with my morning ritual and still have to create a good nightly routine, but I am okay with that since I have been working so hard on my nutrition. I will pick this up this week!
- Complete homework early. This week my Independent Learning Contract got approved and it is time for me to dive into my homework head first!
- Commit and follow through promptly. I need to do a better job with this!
- Create a healthy routine. This is coming together nicely. Consistency is key!
- Eat Clean. Yes, yes, YES!!!! For the first time ever 😉
- Plan ahead and prepare (keep a food journal and write a daily schedule). YESSSS!!!
- Exercise daily. This priority has gone on the back burner for the time being. I plan on practicing yoga and meditating with the occasional pilates session. Keep your eyes open for a new “Workout and Word of the Day!”
- Do what you Must.
Overall, this has been a wonderful week for me. My headache has gone away and I have been able to focus on my nutrition. I was a little scatter-brained this week, but that was intentional because I didn’t want to stress over whether or not my classes for Winter Quarter would get approved.
Thankfully all is well in my academic world and I can charge forward. This quarter I am studying: Python Programming, Debian, and Linux, and Robotics!!! Wish me luck!
Yesterday and today were not great days for me nutrition-wise, but I feel confident in my ability to bounce back and get on track!
How was your week and what are your goals for this week?! Comment below to share!!!
I hope this will be a fantastic week for all of you and remember:
Be Real. Be True. Be-YOU-tifully YOU!!!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,
❤ Alana xoxoxo