Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
We have reached the final day of January 2018, but it is still only the beginning of a beautiful year!
This past week was decent. I did a great job of eating healthy meals throughout the day, but I must say that I was haunted by the midnight munchies and they had a lot of power over me this entire week.
It was also the week that I tried giving up exercise completely to focus on nutrition. I can see how this approach could be very effective especially once I got into a consistent routine, but it gave me a lot of extra time and I wasn’t sure what to do.
A lot of my cravings were fueled by habit. Most of the time I was’t even hungry, but if a snack or food was offered I didn’t say, “no thank you.”
I decided to let myself have these last few days of January to be a little less strict and work things out. Tomorrow I am going to get back on track. I think that I will also set a rule for myself like, “No eating after 7 pm.”
My break from exercise lasted up until Sunday morning and then my friend Tara invited me to go for a swim on Sunday night. I decided to start my day with Buti Yoga and my energy started to soar. Swimming felt amazing and I am so glad that I decided to go! Tara and I have created a schedule that will soon turn into a routine of swimming on Mon/ Tues/ and Thurs!!! We went for our 2nd swim on Tuesday and we are swimming again tomorrow!!!
- Get your beauty sleep. Still doing a great job with this, but still need to wake up earlier.
- Follow a morning ritual and a nightly routine. I didn’t really do this at all this week. I think having a set routine will help me to keep my munchies in check 😉
- Complete homework early. I also need to get more homework done. This goes back to needing a routine.
- Commit and follow through promptly. This wasn’t great either.
- Create a healthy routine. Not really.
- Eat Clean. About 50/50
- Plan ahead and prepare (keep a food journal and write a daily schedule). I’ve done better with this on past weeks.
- Exercise daily. Nope.
- Do what you Must. Thank goodness tomorrow is a new month!
This past week, my goal list turned into a bunch of things that need work and I am okay with that. I set many big goals for myself so that I am more likely to reach a few in the process. I am happy about the fact that I am stressing less and able to move forward quicker than I could before.
I am looking forward to February and am ready to bring my BEST!!!
- Count your blessings.
- Learn about faith.
- Actively build your confidence.
- Believe in Miracles.
- Believe in Yourself!
How was your week? What were some of your highlights? Comment below to share!!!
I hope you will have a FANTASTIC February!!!
Be Real. Be True. Be-YOU-tifully YOU!!!
❤ Alana xoxoxo