Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
Dang it! I have done it again… Life got a little hectic and I sadly neglected this Beautiful Be-YOU-tifully YOU Project. I sort of neglected my blog as a whole, but it was also probably a much-needed break.
We re-homed our dog to the most amazing owner ever, sold our 1st house, spent time with our families, and took our 2 cats across the country, and became full-on minimalists!!! We also went through sad times too. My Dad had to start dialysis and it was hard to see him suffer. Thankfully he has been doing a lot better ever since he started dialysis. Another highlight of my life has been that my sister and I are reunited and we got to go on the roadtrip of a lifetime!!!
I thought about abandoning this project, but then I reminded myself that there is still another half to this year and I still have the chance to make this 2nd half GREAT!!!
- Get Creative. By owning less items, I had a chance to let my creative juices flowww… Also, seeing the world by car gave me a chance to let my imagination and my mind go wild.
- Re-organize your life. I let a lot of things go with this move and I only brought my most-treasured items. This definitely allowed me to organize my life more than ever before!
- Paint something. There is a watercolor that I started back in march and I chipped away at it little by little turning the blank page into something beautifully colorful.
- Do something you have never done before. I finally got to visit the midwest, the south, and the East. Also, I have experienced full-body cryotherapy and have had about 4 cryofacials ❤
- Go on an adventure. June has been a nonstop adventure and we are continuing this party in July too.
All-in All, June was an amazing month! Probably even the BEST month of the year so far! I got to see the world and spend time with my sister. I also went through the arduous interview process and got offered a number of jobs and chose the one that excited me the most!
Here are my goals for the month of July! I think we are off to a great start!
- Be Confident.
- Take time for self-care.
- Nurture your relationships.
- Seek inspiration.
- Bring out the BEST in others.
July is also special (specifically this year) because it is the final month of my ROARING 20’s! I still cannot believe that this decade is actually coming to a close fairly rapidly. I have spent a lot of time lamenting the past and fearing aging and the future, but I am choosing to embrace these changes. And as my friend Ayana reminded me, the Dirty 30’s are going to be AMAZING with EXXTraa Zingggg (I added that part) 🙂
Here are some be-YOU-tifully YOU pics from the 1st 6 months! Enjoy!!!
This month I have committed to fully taking my weightloss journey seriously. I want to be around for awhile longer and live a vibrantly full life while I am here and it starts by taking care of myself and my health.
Thanks for joining me for the 1st Be-YOU-tifuly YOU project in what feels like forever! I will see you next week!!!
How were the first 6 months of 2018 for you? Please comment below to share your highs and lows and your goals, hopes and dreams for the next 6 months of 2018. I would love to hear all about it!!!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,
❤ Alana Xoxoxo