Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
Welcome to the final day of July 2018!!! This upcoming month is kind of a BIG deal because at the end of August, I am turning 30!!! That means that this is the final month of my 20’s and I have mixed feelings about it…
I am kind of sad that it is almost over, but also SO happy that it happened!
I have been spending a fair amount of time making peace with growing older, but it sure is scary as hell! I think my fear becomes the strongest when I compare myself to where I thought “I should be by now” versus “where I am in this current moment.”
And where I am, right here and now, really is a beautiful place!
This past week specifically was bittersweet. I think I was very affected by the full moon and all that jazz… I felt very sad and for a long time, I could not even figure out why. Then I finally narrowed it down to being homesick. I realized that while I am so happy in my new home, I am still homesick. I miss my family and friends, but most of all I think I miss the familiarity of it all.
I lived in our hometown for 26 years and never left that place for more than 2 years at a time. I had lots of time to explore and grown and learn my way around and it was very comfortable.
I grew accustomed to knowing where all the beautiful places were and showing them to my dearest friends.
But drop me in a brand new place and I get anxious… It is not a bad thing just natural. I noticed that once I admitted that I was homesick (to myself and my friends) a shift finally started taking place.
On Thursday night my new friend / co-worker Nichole invited me to go to the beach with her on Friday which is our day off. I was excited, but also so nervous. In fact, on Thursday night I almost cancelled, but looking back I am so glad that I decided to be brave.
I pulled on my swimming suit and got ready to go to the beach. We met and she gave me a tour of some of the most beautiful places and then we spent all afternoon at the beach. It was a dream come true! The best part was when I got to swim in the ocean!
- Be Confident. I have not felt very confident this week and I think a huge reason why is because I am so home-sick.
- Take time for self-care. I am doing a great job with self-care. In fact this is the best that I have ever done in my entire life! I am practicing yoga and pilates on a nearly daily basis.
- Nurture your relationships. Yes, this is a constant work in progress, but it is always worth-it!
- Seek inspiration. My fear and homesickness was turning me into quite the recluse, but I am so happy that I finally decided to venture out this week.
- De-clutter. I am getting into a good cleaning routine and it is about time for a de-clutter session for sure!
- Bring out the BEST in others. I could do a better job with this. I am focusing on myself first!
So yes, Friday felt like a perfect day but then I was a total emotional mess on Saturday and Sunday and I did not break free until yesterday.
July is historically a very sad and emotionally charged time for me due to my past. I need to remember that this time around I am supported and loved.
And life is more Beautiful than ever!
We all have a choice. We can fear life and hide or we can choose to be brave, embrace life for all that it is and have experiences and adventures of a lifetime!
Be Real. Be True. Be-YOU-tifully YOU!!!
❤ Alana Xoxoxo