I can hardly believe that August is already here! I think that July was a solid month for me. It was my first month at a new job and new place. I also did my best to follow workout and nutrition guidelines from a book I read. This included intermittent fasting, fasted cardio, and eating 3 meals preceded by exercise first.
I think I did a decent job. I did not always follow it to the tee, but I did my best. I started my days with Buti Yoga and then I followed the Blogilates calendar after work. I quickly noticed that my man and I basically have opposite work schedules so I tried to start finishing my workout completely before leaving for work. I also liked this timing because I could relax at work with some cryo and not have to worry about feeling motivated to work out.
My motivation honestly started to fizzle out towards the last 2 weeks of July. I think that I was starting to feel warn out. Last week was a big week for me. I did some serious adventuring and I was also able to get into a headstand (against the wall). Unfortunately, I must have tweaked something in my neck/upper back area because I have been paying for it for the past 3 days.
I have been taking a break from Buti yoga these past 3 days because I want my neck and back to heal. I also joined a gym on Friday. I am excited, but also so damn nervous about going to the gym. I have not had an official payed for gym membership since 2016. I still get intimidated by the thought of working out around other people. Also, I have been on such a roll these days with my buti yoga / pilates regime and I don’t know how I will fit in strength with the mix. This whole thing is honestly overwhelming…
I think August is a good time to give our relationships a little TLC. Take stock of what is going well and what can use some progress. I think things are going pretty well so far ❤
- Quit nagging. I hate to admit that sometimes I am totally a nagger. I like to be right and it is not below me to pepper him with a couple of “I told you so s” I know, it is kind of a bratty thing to do and I am trying to do it less.
- Listen. I am working on this.
- Cultivate healthy relationships. I am working on this too. I don’t want to be toxic.
- No dumping. Nope! Let’s figure this out together!
- No Complaining. I have gotten better at this. I think something that has helped me curb my complaining habit is to take deep breaths and remember to listen. Also try to see things from your partner’s perspective.
- Give proofs of love. Learn your partner’s love language to live it with action! That is my goal and we are all capable of it!
I bought my gym membership on Friday and it is now Sunday and I have not used it yet. Overall, I am trying to rest and let my neck and back heal, but I also know that I am terrified of going in and I don’t know exactly why. Do you have any tips or tricks on getting back into going to the gym? Please comment below to share!
I hope you will have a wonderful week!
Be Real. Be True. Be-YOU-tifully YOU.
❤ Alana Xoxoxo