I am learning to take less of an “all-or-nothing” approach to my life. I tried to make that work for over a decade and it just stressed me out and made me sick. This is the year that I think that reality finally clicked.
I am learning to play with patterns and observe how they affect me. This week I noticed some good and bad patterns of behavior.
Let’s start with the good:
- I made my studies my priority. In the past, I think I pushed a little too hard for balance that made it harder to focus on my priorities because I was trying to give a balanced amount of energy to the different facets in my life. I never thought that I would ever discourage myself from being balanced or well-rounded, but after this week I definitely see the value of prioritizing.
- I went to bed at a consistent time with a few exceptions. I have been working hard on fixing my sleep pattern. There is a lot of proof that getting to sleep at a decent time and getting enough sleep is essential to existence. It helps with brain function, energy levels, and even weight loss to name a few! I need ALL of that in my life!
- I ate veggies everyday (with the exception of yesterday. It honestly was not my best week nutrition-wise, but I made sure that I either got a salad when I was eating out or that I ate a salad at home.
- I was BOLD and stepped outside of my comfort zone. I volunteered to facilitate our first 2 hr long seminar. I know that in the past, I would have had a tendency to choose the latest date so that I could put it off or co-facilitate with another student so that they could take the lead. This time I chose the topic that interested me the most and it happened to be this Friday so I only had one day to prepare. I pushed myself and it was worth-it!
- I danced! My life is always better when I make time to dance!
Needs improvement (I don’t want to call it the bad)
- I let myself get really stressed out. I felt super stressed this entire week and it interfered with my ability to concentrate, focus, and learn.
- My attitude needs an adjustment. While I am doing better than I have in the past, I still need to improve my attitude. I have been going to class thinking that it is boring in the back of my mind. The material gets a little repetitive and it is my first business class, but what a great opportunity for me to learn this material. I am going to adjust my attitude this week and have more of a growth mindset.
- I procrastinated a little. While my studies were my priority and I made time for them, I think that I was not very focused or effective because I was stressed out. I also got really distracted with social media more than I would like to admit.
- I did not write a good paper. I ended up doing more of a summary paper rather than a synthesis paper, but I wanted to make sure that I turned it in on time. This week I will do a better job of organizing my thoughts and the information that I learn.
- I ate out a lot. I really was paying for the convenience and the comfort of food.
Those were the patterns that I noticed this week and I am looking forward to adjusting them! I like thinking in terms of patterns rather than flaws. I think I am going to have fun with this!
What are some good and bad patterns that you noticed this week? Please comment below to share and we can talk about it!
Love, Joy, and Blessings Always,
❤ Alana xoxoxo