We have completed the 2nd week of January and we are already nearly halfway through the month! I am slowly, but surely getting used to writing 2019 in the date. This was a week that has taken me further out of my element and the uncertainty has been a little more unsettling than usual. It must be the combination of a new quarter, a new place, and waiting for the final go ahead to move into my new home.
Change can be stressful and sometimes I handle it better than others. I think I did a great job of handling big changes last year. Instability became the norm and I found a way to thrive throughout the process. Right now it is causing my anxiety. I think I am craving the comforts of “home” even though I chose to move away. I spent the past 3 months in my home town and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with old friends and sticking with my routine. Moving plucked me out of my comfort patch and I feel my roots frantically dangling and grasping to feel grounded.
This month my goal was to focus on discipline, but I have spent the 1st half of the month doing the opposite and for now I am okay with that. I have been staying up late, sleeping in, enjoying good food and drinks, and living my life. It has been fun, but I know that it has lead directly to my unsettled feeling.
I am giving myself permission to do this for a few more days, but once I get settled into my place I will hit the reset button and begin again.
“Learn how to learn.”
- Get your beauty sleep. I have been getting sleep, but would like to be more consistent with my schedule.
- Follow a morning ritual and a nightly routine. My morning routine was non-existent and my nightly routine has consisted of getting a margarita and watching shows until my eyes close.
- Complete homework early. This week I will work on my homework consistently.
- Commit and follow through promptly.
- Create a healthy routine.
- Eat Clean.
- Plan ahead and prepare (keep a food journal and write a daily schedule).
- Exercise daily.
- Do what you Must.
Yeah, I am being completely real with you. I have not been hitting many of these targets this week. Part of me feels afraid of starting over. I liked my circle of friends and felt so confident these past few months. Today I honestly feel a little disillusioned, but I know these are feelings that will pass. I just need to stay the course.
How was your week and what are some of your goals for this upcoming week? Please comment below to share!