Today I am easy like Sunday morning… It was my 1st Sunday in the new town-home. It has been so nice to have a place to call home rather than living out of a suitcase and switching from different edges of the city.
I have been here for 2 whole weeks and I spent the first week (well, actually since Christmas Eve) researching different apartments / town-homes.
These were the items on my wish-list:
- In-unit washer and dryer.
- Full bathroom with bathtub and shower.
- Swimming pool / hot tub.
- Hard Flooring.
- Walk-in closet.
- Easy parking.
- Walking distance to a grocery store.
- Close to work.
- Within the budget.
- Granite counter tops.
- Safe neighborhood.
- Modern layout.
I started out with a list of probably 12 different places and narrowed it down as I went. Thankfully I found a place that has every wish-list item and I still cannot believe it! It is a beautiful, quiet gated community that has a real resort-like feel to it.
After applying, I waited nervously hoping the move-in date would be sooner than later…
The move in date was last Monday night and it was probably the easiest move I have every experienced. Before leaving the final hotel, I even went through all of my clothes and got rid of the things that I did not need.
As you can see, I do not have a lot of clothes, but I like everything that I have! This was by far the easiest move. I just had a suitcase of clothes, a backpack with my laptop, my purse, and no furniture. I am definitely enjoying the simplicity of living with less.
I woke up on Tuesday morning and experienced the usual anxiety of living in a new place. Blogging really helped me get through those first few days. I really love the sense of community that it brings and the way that it gives me a good creative outlet to share my stories and adventures. I wanted to check out the gym, but I was just too scared.
On Thursday I decided to be brave and visit the gym, but first I started my day with a morning routine. This made All the difference in the world! On Friday, I looked forward to my new morning routine and on Saturday I could not wait to wake up to start my day!
I also want to acknowledge the fact that I decided to give up coffee on Thursday just on a whim and I have managed to stick with this change. It seems to be suiting me well so far.
I decided to allow myself to have a relaxing Sunday morning. I slept in past 10:30 am and made a delicious brunch of cheesy toast and eggs. As you can see, I am not doing keto right now, but I am still loosely intermittent fasting (if there is such a thing.) A friend of mine who has a background in health and fitness recommended that I choose between doing IF or keto, but should not do them together since I am also working on heavy resistance training. At first, I weakly fought the idea because keto and IF seems to work really well, but there might be something to it. I do not want to cause hormone imbalances or work against my goals as a whole.
I have started looking into the Ayurveda Kapha Diet. I will keep you updated and let you know if I decide to embark on that adventure. Today I did start my day with 15 minutes of yoga and it felt divine. Especially on my new yoga mat. My muscles feel sore (in a great way) from my 3 workouts in a row!
“Learn how to learn.”
- Get your beauty sleep. My sleeping schedule has been all sorts of messed up these days…
- Follow a morning ritual and a nightly routine. I started a morning routine which is absolutely life changing. I will tackle the nightly routine next!
- Complete homework early. It is week #3. I better get to work! Just been acclimating to so many changes…
- Commit and follow through promptly. It has been kind of nice to not have any set commitments, but I think I am ready to change that this week.
- Create a healthy routine. If the morning routine is this amazing, I bet a daily routine will be even better!
- Eat Clean. This week I did not drink any alcohol and I gave up coffee. I still need to work on my ice cream and sweets addiction 😉
- Plan ahead and prepare (keep a food journal and write a daily schedule). I have logged into myfitnesspal everyday for the past 945 days!
- Exercise daily. I am so glad that I started again 🙂
- Do what you Must.
Overall, this has been a good week. I am enjoying 2019 so far, but I noticed that I have a little too much idle time. Being on foot opens up all kinds of time. I know that when I had a car, if I was bored, I would meet with a friend or go shopping / window shopping. I do despise that word, “bored.” I do not think I have yet told you about my disdain for the concept of boredom, but that will be for another post.
How was your week? Did you have any breakthroughs? What are your goals and plans for this upcoming week? Please comment below to share!