Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
It feels like it has been a lot longer than a week since the last time we talked about our weeks (last Sunday). This was my 2nd week of working out in the new gym and it has become a part of my lifestyle! I look forward to my workouts now which is nice especially since they were causing me a lot of anxiety before.
In the middle of the week, I decided to switch up my format from 2 x 20 at a lower weight to 5 x 5 lifting heavier weight. I like this a lot so far because it allows me to lift heavy weights while maintaining proper form. There was a day that I tried just lifting without doing cardio afterwards, but my workout felt incomplete so I am going to continue finishing my lifting sessions with a little cardio.
I am happy because working out has become my main hobby. I am also working on my relationship with food. This has changed a lot because from October through early December, I was doing IF and Keto and was getting great results. I am tempted to continue this, but I am shifting my focus to weightlifting and am also thinking about training for an endurance event that will take place in June. I need to make sure that I am fueling my body and my muscles with the proper nutrition so that I can keep making progress. To accomplish this goal, I am making it a point to hit my protein goal.
Another exciting thing that happened this week is that I have finally started diving deep into my studies rather than just doing enough to get by. It is still kind of challenging for me to sit still and focus, but I use timers to keep myself on track and that seems to help a lot.
I took a 2 week break from drinking coffee, but started again yesterday. I have noticed that coffee really helps me stay focused when I am coding. I just need to make sure that I do not drink caffeine after 2 pm so that I can sleep at night.
“Learn how to learn.”
- Get your beauty sleep. I did a great job with my sleep routine at the beginning of the week, but noticed that I was staying up later and later. Yesterday I had a hard time sleeping because I started drinking coffee again and I had a glass of wine.
- Follow a morning ritual and a nightly routine. My morning routine was okay, but not as timely as it was last week. I did well on a nightly routine in the first half of the week, but not so good during the 2nd half.
- Complete homework early. I am getting better about this and am thrilled to be excited about learning again!
- Commit and follow through promptly. Yes! Slowly and surely.
- Create a healthy routine. I am working on this. Currently doing better with my workouts than nutrition right now.
- Eat Clean. This needs work. I am eating carbs again and need to make sure that I am not overdoing it.
- Plan ahead and prepare (keep a food journal and write a daily schedule).
- Exercise daily. Yes! I am so proud of this!
- Do what you Must.
I am proud of the way that I spent this 4th week of the year. I felt a little less nervous and anxious and more confident in myself!
There are 4 days left in the month of January and then February will begin. This is a good time to start looking at my February goals.
Here are my areas of focus for the month of February:
“Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things.”
- Count your blessings.
- Learn about faith.
- Actively build your confidence.
- Build strength with weight lifting.
- Believe in Miracles.
- Believe in Yourself!
I think this is perfect timing. Faith feeds right into everything that I have been working on up to this point and I got a great head start on weight lifting! In the month of February, I want to start adding some pilates to my routine to get some good core work in.
I honestly do not love the way that I look right now. I have been extra critical of myself a lot lately and it is counterproductive so I am trying to change it. I just wanted to share this so that I could practice loving myself right here and now. I also want to be real with all of you about where I am on my journey. This is also teaching me how to let go and TRUST THE PROCESS.
How was your week? In fact, how has the month of January been for you? Please comment below to share!