Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
This week was thankfully a lot better than last week. Last week was full of tragedy and the sorrow of loss and along with that comes some family drama. I felt blessed that I was able to support my family from a distance, but I still felt the effects of sadness and loss.
I think that loss is in some ways similar to change. It is a part of the pattern of life and if we can embrace it rather than fight it there is a possibility that we may find peace. I say possibility because I am no expert in this arena, but I have noticed that shifting my thoughts has helped me to cope with my losses in a healthier way.
The trees lose their leaves. We prune our plants and new life grows in the place of the once withering limbs.
I am proud of the fact that I continued to stick with my healthy habits throughout this week. In fact, sticking with my healthy habits has helped me to stay grounded. I spent a lot of time studying and that helped me realize that it is okay to make mistakes.
If you have been following me for awhile, you probably know that I am a “recovered perfectionist.” Us virgos are known for being perfectionists and for me it was a crutch that stunted my growth for years. I was afraid of making mistakes and that made me afraid of getting started. And once I finally got started, if I made a mistake I would get discouraged and cling to the thought that maybe I wasn’t good enough or smart enough.
Now I know that that is a load of bull$hit. Mistakes are lessons that help us to learn and grow.
I look forward to my mornings now thanks to my morning routine. I just need to work on my after dinner hours, nightly routine, and weekends now. I never thought I would look forward to Mondays, but now I do!
This week, I started dipping my toes into IF again and on the first 2 days I felt absolutely amazing! I felt energetic, more focused, and experienced less cravings. My IF was interrupted by a late night adventure to ihop, but I plan on trying again this week!
I am excited because my cats Alleyjandra and Carl should be home this evening! A family friend flew out to Northern Maine earlier this week and drove the truck and my kitties from Maine to Arizona. Those cats have traveled across country probably more than a lot of people have in their lives so far! I cannot wait to see them especially since I have not seen them since we bought our house in mid September!
“Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things.”
- Count your blessings. I spent a lot of time counting my blessings. In fact, this week I started writing “7 things I am thankful for” first thing in the morning.
- Learn about faith. Counting my blessings has helped me to have more faith in a greater good.
- Actively build your confidence. I have been working hard on this one and am starting to notice a lot of progress. A lot of it has to do with posture. Walking confidently and not shrinking or looking at the ground as I pass people has helped a lot.
- Build strength with weight lifting. I am so proud of the progress I am making with weightlifting! I worked out / lifted Monday through Friday this week.
- Believe in Miracles. YES!
- Believe in Yourself! YES!!!
Overall, I really enjoyed this week. I also enjoyed blogging.
Here are my posts from the past week! Feel free to check them out:
- Workout and Word of the Day #17
- Workout and Word of the Day #18
- I Can Feel Your Energy From 2 Planets Away
- Workout and Word of the Day #19
- Workout and Word of the Day #20
- Nickels, Dimes, and Buried Dreams
- Workout and Word of the Day #21
- The Ones That Got Away
I have really enjoyed blogging more frequently. There have been years where life has been so hectic that I have had to reblog posts from past years. While, I enjoy visiting the past, it is nice to create new content.
How was your week? Did you get to play in the snow? What is a goal that you have for this next week? Please comment below to share!