I felt better today than I have in a long time. For the past 2 weeks I have struggled with depression, sadness, and lack of motivation. I think the 3 could be intertwined and I felt a sense of impending doom knowing they would be my Grandma Alice’s final days.
I am proud of the fact that I continued to show up despite my deep sadness. I know that each day will be a little different, but I am feeling peace in knowing that my grandma is resting peacefully.
Workout of the Day: Leg Day (stride dominant) + Hiit
- Bodyweight Single-leg Hip Thrust (3 sec. pause) 3 x 10
- DB Box Squat 3 x 10
- Ball Hyperextension 3 x 12
- Side Lunges 2 x 10
- Leg Presses: I alternated with both legs at 160 lbs / single leg at 50 lbs
Hiit: 30 seconds on/ 30 seconds off for 2 rounds!
- Prisoner jump squat to crossover
- Lateral Lunge into Standing Oblique Crunch
- Repeat other side
- 4 oblique climbers to tuck jump
- Star Jumps
- Shuffle curtsy lunge
Today’s Word of the Day is:
- Pleasing or picturesque in natural simplicity.
- Of, or relating to being an, idyll.
I think today was proof that things get better and feeling down and depressed is no reason to quit. We might need to take a brake, rest, and slow down and that is perfectly fine.
Life has been feeling awfully heavy lately, but I have a feeling that sunny days are ahead!