Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
This week I felt more at peace about the loss of my Grandma Alice. I still feel very sad and I noticed that I overindulged a little with food and drink all week, but I made some great memories in the process.
This past week feels like a blurr and I am ready for the new week and new month. I did every planned workout, but I have noticed that I have been feeling worn out and unmotivated. I completed week #12/12 and I must be a little burned out.
I am getting the hang of my new job which is a great feeling. I am so thankful that business has been flowing and I am learning new things every day! I think the newest development is that I might be returning to my home town for a few weeks before moving to the islands. I could stay in sunny Scottsdale, but I think there is no place I would rather be than home with my friends and family.
I have still been so hard on myself these days. I think I need to break up with my scale again for awhile…
“Grit is that ‘extra something’ that separates the most successful people from the rest. It’s the passion, perseverance, and stamina that we must channel in order to stick with our dreams until they become a reality.”
- Wake up a little earlier for an early start. Yes! I have been getting an earlier start.
- Do what you must and do it with ALL your heart. I have been even when I don’t feel like it.
- Train a little harder. This week I decided to be more gentle with myself. I think my body, mind, soul, and heart needed it.
- Blog everyday. No, but that’s okay with me.
- Give something up.
- Learn a new language and / or expand on what you have learned so far.
- Study marketing.
April has been a good month career and life-goals wise and I am so thankful for that. It has helped to balance out the sadness I have been feeling. I don’t think I am going to make it to my Grandma’s funeral this Tuesday, but I am making peace with that fact.
Here are my blog posts from this week. Please check them out:
- How Do You Deal With a Broken Heart and Sugar Cravings?
- Workout and Word of the Day #56
- Stressed About Work, but I Work for Myself
- Workout and Word of the Day #57
- Workout and Word of the Day Day #58
- Does This Spark Joy?
- I am not a fan of goodbyes so I will lean in to the change instead
This new month is coming at a perfect time. I am reading a book about health and fitness to get some inspiration. I have even considered taking a week off from training, but I don’t think I am going to do that. Maybe I will go back to my 5x5x5 training. We shall see and I will let you know what I end up doing.
I am glad that the focus for the month of May. I need to focus on being kind to myself because I have been awfully hard on myself lately.
“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others. For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness. And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
- Be generous.
- Be present.
- Don’t gossip.
- Write letters.
- Remember Birthdays.
- Do something nice for someone.
I went on some enjoyable dates this week! We went to the driving range twice and hit golf balls. We also went to the opening night of “Avengers :End Game” and I actually stayed awake this time.
This next month, I would like to clean up my act nutrition-wise. I am also going to focus on skin care. I cannot tell if my breakouts have been hormone-related, stress-related, or happening due to the much drier climate. I am cutting down on my dairy intake for awhile, but will still have some in my whey protein.
What are your goals for this new month of May? Please comment to share!