The dating world has evolved from meeting a person by chance to swiping on your phone in a window-shopping manner searching for a possible match. Online dating seems to be a sign of the times and makes sense in this fast-paced, digital world. What once seemed impossible is now mainstream.
With this new convenient form of meeting people comes an element of competition. How do you get more matches on a dating app like Tinder when so many other people also have profiles on Tinder? Are there things that you can do to make yourself stand out amongst the masses?
There seems to be an art to it from the way you look at the camera down to the expression on your face, but the “hard work” does not truly begin until the conversation starts. And good conversation is an art. Do not be intimidated because like any art or skill this too can be cultivated with practice.
Here are some ways to get more matches on Tinder:
- Boost your Elo Score (Tinder’s algorithm). In it’s latest article, Tinder itself has disclosed that it no longer uses an elo score. They say that it is old news that their cutting-edge technology no longer uses. The best way to get more matches on Tinder is to actively use the app. The individuals who are swipe right less and have more interactions are more likely to get matches.
- Add a pop of color to catch their eye. Tinder itself states that 72 percent of its users wear neutral colors. for their main profile picture. Put yourself in the shoes of the people who are viewing thousands of profiles. After awhile if you only see beige, black, and navy blue colors; they will start to all blend in. This is a good time to whip out that red dress or the sky blue polo that brings out the sparkle in your eyes. You can also apply this technique in a different way by finding a boldly colored background. Get creative by adding a pop of color to your profile pic! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdGcALL6dI
- Smile–you never know who will fall in love with it. As we saw in the video above, smiling increases your swipes by 14% and in this competitive online dating world, we need every edge we can possibly get!
- Don’t hide. This is a good time to ditch the sunglasses and disguises. The more you can show your most true self, the more likely you are to get matches. In fact the sunglasses are a deterrent that reduces your right swipes by 12%.
- Look into the camera without a crazed look. I have a tendency myself to try to show my best angles by slightly turning my face sideways, but Tinder says that people who look straight-on into the camera are 20% more likely to be swiped right on.
- Show more than just your selfies. Even though this is just a preview, people want to know what they can expect once they meet you. Rather than exclusively posting selfies try posting a selfie, a full-body shot, and you doing an activity that you enjoy.
- Refine your bio and spend time on your messages. This is your chance to set yourself apart. Take some time to make your bio your own and try to stay away from cliche taglines like “looking for my partner in crime.” Also, Tinder states that it is more likely to give matches to people who are proactive on the app and are actively interacting.
For more tips and tricks on how to actually get more matches on Tinder visit this post:
Now that you have caught there attention, here is an article with advice on How to Start a Classy Conversation on Tinder:
Do you currently use online dating or a dating app? If so which sites do you recommend? Comment below to share!