Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
I hope you had a wonderful 1st week of June! This is a good time for me to build up my courage. I started reading a book that prompted me to write about what I would like my life to look like in 5 years.
It honestly scared me a little. This made me realize that I am still afraid of dreaming BIG. 3 months ago I decided to be brave and dream up the life that I am currently living right now. It started because I thought it would be nice to make plans for vacation around my birthday just for a week… One thing led to another and now I am living here.
I have a bad habit of fixating on the bad things that could happen. Why do I do this to myself?
I need to remember that “you become what you think about.” If I continue fixating on what might go wrong then things might go wrong, but if I change my thoughts then I can change my world. This sounds so simple, but I struggle with it. It is time for me to take action I want to be brave and challenge myself to make my dreams come true.
“Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.”
- Re-organize your life. It really helps to have less items. I want to get into the habit of cleaning regularly so that I can maintain overall cleanliness.
- Be brave. I want to be brave and stop being so afraid.
- Get creative. I have been afraid to be creative, but this week I started drawing with my neon colored pencils.
- Practice public speaking. This one definitely scares me, but I will start small just by conversing with people in general.
- Paint something. I think right now I am going to start with drawing since it takes less supplies.
- Do something you have never done before.
- Go on an adventure. Just being here has been an adventure!
Overall, this was a good week. Business is booming and keeping me busy. I slept well each night and got an early start. I also worked out most days. I have been taking a break from taking supplements and I think this is a good change. I was taking whey protein, bcaas, collagen peptides, and pre-workout (not everyday.)
These days, I have been eating good food without obsessing over calorie content. I could definitely clean up my nutrition more and today when I went grocery shopping I decided NOT to get the sweet bread so that is a good start. I am probably not getting my protein requirements in yet, but I will focus on that more once I am settled.
Here are my blog posts from this past week:
- Workout and Word of the Day #68
- Rainbow Railroad & My Hometown
- Workout and Word of the Day #69
- Today I Needed A Rest…
- Outside My Window
- Workout and Word of the Day #70
- My Summer 2019 Bucket-list
- Workout and Word of the Day #71
- If It’s Meant To Be They Will Return
- May 2019 Recap
- Workout and Word of the Day #72
I managed to blog every day this week! There were some days when I did not know what to write about so I did a workout so that I could write about that and it kept me accountable. I am especially proud of my Summer bucket-list (I like that it is laid back too) and my May Recap.
I am wrapping up my current internship and am getting ready to start my final internship at the end of this month. Then I will officially be done with my undergrad degree! What happens next?!?! I am not sure yet, but I am looking forward to figuring it out!
How was your week? Comment below to share!