Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
How was your week? This was a good week for me. I finally got the rake I have been wanting and some garden tools complete with a strategy that has kept mosquitoes from completely feasting on me. So far it seems to be working!
The beginning of the month is always full of bill paying and adult responsibilities which can feel draining, but it feels good to know that everything is set for the rest of the month. We built a nice dome prototype and played around with making foam crete. It was a fun project, but would be very labor intensive to make foam crete panels for an entire dome. I think we have opted to turn this dome into a chicken coop. I am thrilled about this because I have always wanted to raise my own chickens. With every dome and project, I learn something new with steps that can improve it next time. To think back in 2016 we started by building yurts. It is fun to look back on the progress that has been made since then…
Last week I was feeling down and somewhat haunted by ghosts of the past, but now I can hardly even remember what was getting me down. I spent time reflecting on how many great changes have taken place in this last year and it has helped me to move forward and appreciate the gifts of the present. I want to focus on the good and to keep on working towards my goals and dreams. This is impossible if I stay trapped in the past.
Here are my blog posts from this past week. Check them out:
Again, I did not blog a lot this week, but these 2 posts were full of stories and self-reflection and they helped me to appreciate where I am right here and now!
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- Be Confident. I have been focusing on loving myself more and carrying myself with good posture and these practices have helped me to be more confident.
- Take time for self-care. I took a shower everyday which is a start. I know that sounds gross, but sometimes I miss a day here and there, but I know that good hygiene is an important part of self care. Also finding a viable way to keep the mosquitoes away is also self care.
- Nurture your relationships. I was saddened by last week’s dreams, but this week I decided that it is important to nurture the relationships in my life that matter.
- Seek inspiration. I started reading and writing again and I even practiced yoga once this week on the lanai… Once again, it may not be a lot, but it is a start!
- De-clutter. I was honestly a little sloppy this week, but am getting back on track.
- Bring out the BEST in others. I am starting by focusing on being my best self.
I was honestly kind of stressed about bills and ordinary life stresses, but this next week I will spend more time being joyful. Also, please keep our kitten King Puffleton in your thoughts and prayers. He has not been feeling well these past 2 days and tomorrow we will bring him to the vet. I am hoping for healing and a speedy recovery.
I did not do any formal workouts, but I have been going for walks and spending time working in the garden so I think that counts, right? I have had a geodesic dome in our main workout area, but I know that is not a good excuse. Hopefully this week I will start doing workout and word of the day again. I kind of miss how active I was while I was living in Scottsdale. It was easy to get to the gym back then because it was literally right outside of my townhome. Now my life has changed and I probably will not join a gym because it is about a 25-30 minute drive to the nearest one. This just means that it is time for me to get creative and to find ways to grow stronger even without a gym.
How was your first week of July? Did you have a fun long weekend? Comment below to tell me about it!