Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
I hope you had a great week! Last week I talked about how I needed to create a better work/life balance for myself. I spent the week doing the hard thing which was getting completely caught up with my work. Business has been so good that it has been hard for me to catch up. In fact, I have been playing catch-up for probably 2 weeks. Yesterday I finally got completely caught up and it feels so good. I really do enjoy working towards goals. And this “get caught up” goal was rejuvenating. I also learned some ways to be more efficient and effective.
I cannot say that I have “found” a good work/life balance YET, because I spent another week on work more than anything else. I could not even be bothered to go outside very much this week. There was one day this week when I helped work on the geodesic dome and that was fun. This week I want to take more time for adventures even if they are just little ones. I was able to let some things go from the past and that was liberating. I also practiced communication rather than holding things in and that was scary, but good. It is amazing how little baby steps can make a big difference.
We had a mid-week scare when our renters found a different city they would rather live in and backed out of their lease. Rather than freaking out and shutting down; I took a different approach… I dreamed even bigger. I sought out what will be the next type of property I would like to get. And just like that everything shifted for the best. I no longer felt heavy and stressed. Instead I found pathways towards my goals.
These are my blog posts from last week! Check them out:
- More Than A Feeling
- When You Love Someone You Don’t Treat Them Like A Punching Bag -Thought Catalog
- With Days Like Today Yesterday Would Be Jealous
- I grew up thinking I was a Leo, but actually I am a…
- Let Go & Level Up
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
- Be Confident. I did not feel very confident this week.
- Take time for self-care. I was severely sunburned so I spent time inside. Other than that I was not very good about self-care.
- Nurture your relationships. I practiced good communication which is often hard for me. I also took some time to catch up with old friends on Facebook.
- Seek inspiration. Yes! I felt bursts of inspiration and it was refreshing. I need more inspiration in my life.
- De-clutter. I cleaned my room. Lol.
- Bring out the BEST in others. Trying.
This is the final week of July. Actually there are just a few days left of the month so this is a good time for me to start looking ahead to the month of August. The month of August has a focus on unconditional love and more specifically relationships. I want to work on having great relationships with myself and others.
AUGUST: UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”
- Quit nagging.
- Cultivate healthy relationships.
- No dumping.
- No Complaining.
- Give proofs of love.
I was focused on my career and making sure that our business is successful. I put in long hours and spent a lot of time at the desk. I am happy to say that my hard work and focus is paying off. I also started to narrow down what kinds of things bother me and how I can enjoy each day more. This was probably my most sedentary month and I would like to turn that around in the month of August. I have a lot of exploring to do and am looking forward to some big adventures!
August is also my birthday month. I wonder what I will do this year?
How was your week? And what are you looking forward to this week? Comment below to share and have a lovely week!