Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
This has been a busy week. Last week I worked harder than ever and I ended up burning out. I had been working every single day since I took over the businesses in April without taking a day off. We have continued to improve and finesse the system, but it still takes a lot of work to keep everything moving smoothly. This job has definitely amplified my already introverted tendencies. It has given me a reason to stay indoors and focus on work which is not necessarily a bad thing.
On Friday I went over the line and I felt like an emotionless robot who could not figure out what was wrong. Even though I felt listless, I was also on the edge of tears and the frustrating part was that I kept telling myself I should not feel this way because things are so good. I am living in a place where I have always wanted to live. I make a good steady income that is able to support and sustain us. I have a wonderful, healthy, and supportive relationship. 2 adorable kittens with our other two on the way. I am feeling healthy and strong and we are working on passion projects. What could possibly be wrong??? Together we figured out that I am simply burned out. And on Friday night we took a break and it was exactly what I needed.
Most of my struggles this week were big internal struggles. I noticed that I was worrying about everything even things that I do not need to worry about. I think I need to remedy this issue by doing more physical activities. This means that I need to spend more time away from my desk and go on more adventures.
Here are my weekly posts check them out:
- That’s Gotta Be Good Luck, Right?
- Workout and Word of the Day #80
- Workout and Word of the Day #81
- Workout and Word of the Day #82
- Beautiful Things Don’t Ask For Attention (stories from my childhood)
- 2019 Is the year of shedding 2020 is the year of becoming -Thought Catalog
- I Burned Out Then Went On An Adventure Intervention
I also had a couple of breakthroughs this week. I realized that I need to keep finding ways to grow and better myself as an individual. Maybe I have been feeling a little stagnant from spending so much time at the desk working. Also, I felt like I could fully acknowledge and embrace who I am and where I am right here and now. I think I have spent the last 8 months worried that I am making a mistake with my choices and not for any particular reason. When I took time to think about it I think I have been worried that this life that I am living is too good to be true.
The truth is that we have worked our butts off to get here. None of this has come easily for either of us. We just set our sights on goals then make them happen. This week I realized that I deserve this life that I am living, but more importantly, I should enjoy this beautiful life that we are living rather than worrying about everything.
AUGUST: UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”
- Quit nagging. I spent a lot of time feeling upset in general, but the problem is that I would not open up about it. I think I might need to lovingly nag a little more.
- Listen. I listened, but it was hard for me to find joy or feel optimistic about anything until we took our adventure intervention.
- Cultivate healthy relationships. It is necessary to communicate and open up to cultivate a healthy relationship.
- No dumping. It is okay to ask for help.
- No Complaining. It is okay to ask for help.
- Give proofs of love. I am great at this, but I also need to make sure that I love myself.
I still catch myself worrying too much, but hopefully now I can catch it and stop it. How was your week and what are you looking forward to?