Happy Saturday My Friends!
It is hard to believe that this is already the final Saturday in September! Just 3 more months until we ring in the new year! Trust me, a lot can happen in 3 months so keep living your lives to the fullest.
If you have been following me lately, you probably already know that I have been struggling through depression and sadness. Thankfully this week I have been able to spend more time feeling good enough to take some steps back and make some observations.
- It is important to let things flow no matter how sad or down we feel.
- Small, healthy habits make a big difference. I started practicing meditation, drinking more water, and practicing yoga.
- Try to talk with the people who love and care about you rather than shutting them out.
- Steady state cardio like jogging helps to even out my mood.
- Swimming in the ocean is cleansing for my soul.
- I do not need to obsess over my diet or how my body looks. It is better to focus on living well and feeling good.
- Depression and sadness can damage healthy relationships, but it does not have to.
- Spending time outside is uplifting.
I had more good days this week than I have had in a very long time. On these good days, I meditated in the morning, practiced yoga, was productive with my work, but not obsessive, went for a run and on the best days a swim, ate good food, spent time in the garden, meditated and / or read before bed.
Yesterday was a day when my sadness started to return, but I was able to pin down the contributors. I skipped yoga, worked all day long at my desk, was brought down by the dark and heavy energy around me, did not go out in the garden, and decided to take a rest day rather than go for a run.
Thankfully, my partner and I decided to go for a walk up and down our road and it was exactly what we both needed. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous and on our way back we met more of our neighbors. She was so kind and welcoming and she was the very first resident of our neighborhood which is a huge community.
One of my favorite things about purchasing a property or house is learning about the people who used to call the place home before I did. We learned that Bob created this beautiful slice of paradise. He was a character / craftsman who built both of the houses himself. He also put a fish pond in the front yard and he fished from the window (which is something we are planning on doing.)
So the next time you feel down, take a stroll because it is good for your soul.
What do you do when you are stuck in a funk or feeling sad and depressed? Comment below to share.