Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
We have made it through week #1 of the year 2020! Historically, I have written these weekly posts on Sundays, but I think I will try doing a mid-week update and then if I fall behind I can always move it back to Sunday.
This has been a bit of a somber week for me and I think it is because I have been so focused on forming new, healthier habits. New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day were not very eventful to me. We did have a little celebration with just the two of us at home and it was nice. I got a dry champagne and even ate a slice of chantilly cake since I knew that I would be breaking up with refined sugar the next day.
New Year’s Day was a rest day and it gave me a chance to relax and reset. I started a new 90 day workout program last Sunday and I am loving it so far. I also love the schedule / weekly split. I take my rest days on Wednesdays and Saturdays rather than taking them both in a row on the weekends.
I got confirmation that I have officially graduated with my Bachelor’s degree at the very end of 2019 and it was perfect timing. I probably could have finished it much sooner if I had contacted my professor about it mid-summer, but I think I was putting it off because I did not want my time in school to end. It has been such a luxury to be a student these past 4 years.
Here are my blog posts from this week. Please check them out:
- When you roll with the pigs expect to get dirty
- Workout and Word of the Day #1
- Workout and Word of the Day #2
- Workout and Word of the Day #3
- That Infamous 10 Year Challenge
- Workout and Word of the Day #4
- Workout and Word of the Day #5
I feel great about my posting activity so far. These workout and word of the day posts are doing wonders for my accountability and I love that it does not cost me any money just a little time. But all good things take time 🙂
JANUARY: TAKE ACTION
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great.”
- Create a morning routine and an evening ritual. I do have a morning ritual and an evening routine. The time kind of varies depending on how tired I am. I spend my mornings writing 3 morning pages, feeding the cats, then getting coffee before I start work. This next week I would like to start doing my foam rolling routine.
- Write daily morning pages. Yes! Some days are easier than others. And then there are days when I just want to stop writing and pick it up later, but I keep on writing because that is the whole point of morning pages. You write a stream of consciousness until you have completed 3 pages. Maybe next time I will get a smaller notebook 😉 Haha just kidding.
- Break up with refined sugar. I have made progress, but am not completely rid of refined sugar. It has been making an appearance in my morning coffee and probably some of my meals when we order take-out. I also had a cherry vodka sour during our impromptu date night. This next week I would like to deep clean our kitchen and start doing a weekly grocery trip and some food prep.
- #100daysofcode. I have been struggling with this equally with socializing. That may not make a lot of sense, but what I mean is I have been procrastinating when it comes to coding. I have also been feeling very anti-social this week. I started my 100 days of code on January 2nd and so far I am on day 3. I know that the math doesn’t really add up, but when I skip a day I repeat that same day until I code another day in a row. So far I have just been doing 1 hour of coding and even that takes a while for me to start. Yesterday I coded for 70 minutes so that is progress.
- Follow a workout program. I have been doing the best at this goal. My workouts have been challenging and fun and it is good that I am not over training.
We went on some fun impromptu adventures this week. On Friday we drove to the city for a walk and had an impromptu lunch date at the Hilo Bay Cafe. I really enjoyed the beautiful view of Hilo Bay from our outdoor seating.
We are also making great progress with our tiny home design. Right now the latest and greatest is an A-Frame!
Overall, it was a great first week of the new year. I have been feeling kind of sad and solemn, but I think I am just working through things. Everything has been great and our business is doing better than ever.
How was your 1st week of this new year? Please comment below to share!