Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
It feels so good to be here more regularly. I took a much needed break from blogging and have returned feeling more inspired. Last night I had a long and luxurious dream about living in Hawaii and swimming with my friends C, Diana, Mica, my sister Aunya, and Kelsea through Carlsmith Beach. I miss those carefree days when the only thing that kept us from open water swimming was the algae, currents, and cold water…
The water here is chilly, crisp, and reminds me of a true blue lagoon. You can often see sea turtles here too. I haven’t been here in over a year because it is so popular and there are rarely good parking spots. I miss snorkeling and swimming at the beaches, but I am thankful that I can still swim there in my dreams.
I’m just getting back into the routine of blogging more consistently and I don’t always know what to write about so let’s start with my goals or areas of focus this month.
JANUARY: SET UP YOUR ENVIRONMENT
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”-Barack Obama
- Get your beauty sleep. I slept in this morning then read a good book for a few hours “The Kite Runner.” After that I spent some time in the quail dome feeding them and playing with our chick, Chico. Btw, we tried reuniting Chico with his mom and family a few days ago, but he decided that he would rather be our chick so he is back again.
- Stay hydrated. I hate to admit it, but I have been bad about this and got dehydrated a couple of times. Thankfully, I am doing a lot better with drinking more water.
- Keep it simple. My friend Linda inspired me when she told me that she likes to KIS (Keep It Simple.) As most of you probably know, I have a tendency to overthink and unnecessarily complicate things. Keeping this in mind has helped me a lot.
- Break up with refined sugar. Yesterday, I wanted chocolate SO badly. I almost made it to the end of the day without refined sugar and then my bf got us a packet of Dippin’ Dots to share. Is that random or what?!? We each took about 2 spoon fulls each and then I poured them out the window.
- Be consistent: Code Every Day. Yesterday I cleaned off my desk and I plan on starting today. Time for me to stop slackin!!!
- Move your body daily. I have been rockin’ at this and it is sparkling through every facet of my life. Movement is so healing for the mind and body. Have you moved your body today?
I am finishing my cup of black coffee (aloha sweeteners and heavy creams.) And then I will make breakfast, do my hour of code, and THEN workout. I was planning this out just as I was writing it. I would love to do my workout or run first, but I need to start doing the things that I have been avoiding.
What are your plans for today? Comment below to share!