Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
This 1st week of January was busy and stressful! The stress had been accumulating over time and it was nice to finally reach a resolution.
I had plans to jump right into another workout program, but my body and soul had other plans. I started grinding hard on Monday, but felt discouraged on Tuesday after taking my weight and measurements. The scale still showed a smaller number than last week, but I guess my ego didn’t think it was enough. I talked with my friend Grace and she suggested that I take things easy these next 2 weeks to reset and then begin again.
I still went on my daily runs, but I didn’t do any strenuous workouts beyond that. I also started eating more cleanly once again and it felt good. I was starting to notice that I was more prone to injury and this rest is probably exactly what my body needed. Slowing down is challenging for me because I am worried that I will go back to being the way I used to be (overweight and unhealthy.) I am going to practice being more positive and committed to my goals.
I finally named all 4 of our chickens! Their names are: Benelli, Riri, Roxanne, and Conchita and they can do tricks! They are also really great garden companions too. Once I realized how much they enjoyed gardening with me; it made me want to spend a lot more time in the garden. Being outside is also so good for my soul.
Here are my blog posts from this week:
- Thank you 2020. Let’s have some fun 2021!
- Listen to your body. I ran my 1st Half-marathon!
- Let things go to be more free
- Workout and Word of the Day #1
- Luxurious Swimming Dreams and 2021 Goals
This week I blogged more than I have in a long time and it felt really good. I want to keep writing and being active in this beautiful blogging community. It really helps me to stay focused on my goals and dreams.
This week also marked the end of an era…
We sold our 1st company. It was a hard decision, but it was the right thing to do and my partner and I both felt liberated afterwards. This business helped us get places and we did a lot of good with it. After 3 years and 7 months it was time to let go and create space for bigger and better goals. I wrote a blog post about it and was in tears while I wrote it.
This big change meant that we would be running our other business once again. I had hired a friend to do my job for me, but with these changes it just makes sense for me to run the business. I’m so thankful that she and her partner were understanding and supportive.
At first I was a little upset about having to do so much desk work again. A few days ago, I did 12 hours of off and on desk work and my back was in so much pain by the end of the day. I realized that I was hunching a lot now that I am more sedentary. I did a 1 hour yin yoga session and it thankfully fixed me right up.
JANUARY: SET UP YOUR ENVIRONMENT
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”-Barack Obama
- Get your beauty sleep. I had a hard time falling asleep most nights. I am taking a break from taking sleep aid and I can definitely feel the difference. I read an amazing book and slept well on those nights, but these past few nights have been a little rough. I think it is time for me to find another great book so I can read myself to sleep…
- Stay hydrated. I did better on this than last week, but it still needs to be better.
- Keep it simple. I reminded myself to keep it simple and that helped me to feel a little less stressed in some moments, but overall this week felt pretty DARN complicated…
- Break up with refined sugar. No. this didn’t happen this week.
- Be consistent: Code Every Day. This didn’t happen either, but I’m working a technical job so does that count?
- Move your body daily. Yes! I did this one!
This was a very productive week for me. I am happy to be working again especially since it makes me feel more purposeful. I did enjoy having nothing but spare time, but I noticed that it was almost too much time… So much time that I didn’t know what to do with myself and I would get overwhelmed.
I ate cleanly for about half of the week and then the 2nd half of the week was not as healthy. Being more sedentary and it being that “time of the month” feels hazardous to my health… I was craving chocolate a lot and am going to keep that in check. I am worried that I will put on weight now that I have more of a sedentary job.
I am going to make it my mission to continue my weight loss journey.
Overall, this was a wonderful week! I started working again and was able to keep running. This week I want to do a better job with hyrdration, clean eating, and sleeping better.
How was your 1st week of 2021? Comment below to share!