Okay, wow, yesterday was ROUGH!
I was on the struggle bus and I could not get off of it…
In the middle of last week I started working again and it fucked with my mental game a little…
These past 5 months, I have had the luxury of focusing solely on my fitness and weightloss journey and it has done wonders for my life. I have lost over 20 pounds since September and that was around the time that I stopped working.
This is life and it feels so good to get our business back on track. Last week was super stressful, but my partner and I figured it out and I know that I am too blessed to be stressed.
BUT old habits die hard!
I found myself worrying that all the pounds would start returning, no Sprinting back, since I am doing more desk work.
I took my weight and my measurements this morning and while it shows that I gained 2 lbs since Friday, I still lost a teeny tiny bit of scale weight since last week. My measurements stayed about the same, but after the week I just had I’m not surprised.
The honest truth is that my nutrition has been a little off these last two weeks and I have been flailing trying to figure out what to do now workout wise.
I took a break from lifting and doing hiit this entire last week because I was feeling worn down. I think the break did my body good, but my mind has been a mess…
Here are some lessons I learned from these 2 weeks:
- I need to keep it simple.
- Let’s replace those negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Fasted cardio left me feeling great, but didn’t work well for me. I’m definitely NOT discouraging anyone from trying it. Every BODY is different.
- Fasted cardio didn’t work for me because I didn’t have my meals prepped after my run I felt too unmotivated to do more exercise later in the day.
- I still have some growing to do with my mental game.
- My skin is glowing.
- I am still making progress.
I know that the graphic above encourages persistence and pushing. This can mean different things depending on where we are at in our journeys.
Today this means that I will persist against my self-doubts and negativity.
Yesterday I wanted to say “fuck it” and “give up.”
But that’s the easy route.
I’m ready to persist and keep going. This means that I will move forward and let go.