Hello My Dear Darling Friends!
Happy Week #2! What do you think of 2021 so far? It wasn’t the best week, but it wasn’t a bad week either. On Tuesday I decided that I needed to take a rest from running for at least a week. The top of my right foot has been sore since early December and I thought it would go away, but it didn’t. I switched up my workout routine, but kept jogging slowly and apparently that wasn’t enough of a rest. At first I missed running terribly and having to rest stressed me out, but once I gave my rest period a deadline I felt a lot better.
I started to focus more on what I can do rather than what I can’t. I am thankful that we have our airdyne bike and I switched to 1 hour of biking rather than running. It isn’t the same and I get a little bored, but I’m sure I will get the hang of it.
Here are my blog posts from this week. Check them out:
- Shrink the size of your but
- On the struggle bus
- Workout and Word of the Day #2
- Workout and Word of the Day #3
- Workout and Word of the Day #4
- Workout and Word of the Day #5
- Workout and Word of the Day #6
I have been blogging more consistently than ever and it feels wonderful! Writing is such a fun and creative outlet for me and lately it has been holding me accountable. It has become a fun part of my daily ritual that I hope to continue throughout this year.
I was grumpy this week. It is supposed to be “that time of the month,” but I am over a week late. This is the latest I have been in 3 years (since I stopped being on bc.) I took a pregnancy test that I didn’t pass so we can rule that out 🙂 I’m hoping that this will just be a one time thing and that I will be able to get back on track. I know that sometimes I stop getting my period when I am super stressed out and these past few weeks have been very stressful with all the rapid life changes that happened.
I was also stressed about gaining weight. My weight loss has slowed down a fair amount and I really don’t want to stop my progress. I know that stress doesn’t help with weightloss either so I am trying to stress out less. I was starting to burn myself out and I really need to find a happy medium while figuring out what works well for me.
JANUARY: SET UP YOUR ENVIRONMENT
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.”-Barack Obama
- Get your beauty sleep. I have stopped taking sleep aid and there were nights when I slept soundly and other nights when it was a struggle. I have started reading again so that has been nice.
- Stay hydrated. I did a little better, but I still need to drink more water especially since I have been drinking a lot of coffee lately. That is also probably affecting my sleep pattern too. See? It’s ALL connected.
- Keep it simple. This week felt awfully complicated. Let’s try again next week!
- Break up with refined sugar. No way!
- Be consistent: Code Every Day. This hasn’t been happening either. I don’t want to make excuses, but my job has me working at my computer a lot and I just want to get away from my desk as much as I can so coding is not conducive to that end.
- Move your body daily. Yes! This I can handle!
Last night as we were going for our moonlight walk by the ocean (can you believe that there is a place right in my neighborhood where we can walk right by the ocean?!?!) This really is a dream come true! I was thinking about how this is the year that I wanted to push myself to chase more goals and dreams… And so far it feels like I have just been trying to stay afloat and not fall apart.
Adulting is hard work and lately I have been feeling tired, but I am doing my best and I have decided that right now this is enough.
I may not be killing high intensity workouts every single day like I was and following a squeaky clean nutrition plan, but I am still trying to move in the right direction. That counts for something, doesn’t it?
I have been gardening more than ever and it has been so good for my soul. Isn’t it funny how that works? During the 5 months that I didn’t have to worry about work I hardly gardened at all, but now that I have a full-time job, I am spending more time than ever in the garden. I have discovered that getting fresh air and taking breaks is crucial to my well-being and avoiding burnout.
My chickens love to hang out with me in the garden and that makes it even more fun. They help me spread all the mulch and keep me company. I love it! Our hen Roxanne layed her 1st egg yesterday and our quails have been laying more eggs than ever. This life that we have created for ourselves in Hawaii really has been amazing.
I also have the cutest and snuggliest cats ever so that makes life even better!
And when all fails rock that red lipstick!
What have you been up to lately? Have you set goals or intentions for this new year? Comment below to share and have a lovely week, my friends!